- Be sure to have Visual Studio installed in your machine or at least VC build components.
- Install Python 2.x (for example C:Python2.7.2)
- Now download or git node source in your machine (for example C:azurenode-v0.6.7)
- Add C:Python2.7.2 in your system path
- Launch Visual Studio command prompt 32bit (x86)
- Run >vcbuild.bat release – to build release version of node.
- Run >vcbuild.bat debug – to build release version of node.
Note: if you have CYGWIN install then try to remove the CYGWIN folder path during your build process.
If you want to launch VS environment directly from command prompt use:
- Open Command prompt
- Now run the following command at your command prompt
- “”C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0VCvcvarsall.bat”” x86
- Above command will set Visual Studio environment