What is Kilyn?
- Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine with SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) to support extremely large datasets on Hadoop by eBay.
- Extremely Fast OLAP Engine at Scale:
- Kylin is designed to reduce query latency on Hadoop for 10+ billions of rows of data
- ANSI-SQL Interface on Hadoop:
- Kylin offers ANSI-SQL on Hadoop and supports most ANSI-SQL query functions
- Interactive Query Capability:
- Users can interact with Hadoop data via Kylin at sub-second latency, better than Hive queries for the same dataset
- MOLAP Cube:
- User can define a data model and pre-build in Kylin with more than 10+ billions of raw data records
- Seamless Integration with BI Tools:
- Kylin currently offers integration capability with BI Tools like Tableau.
- Other Highlights:
- Job Management and Monitoring
- Compression and Encoding Support
- Incremental Refresh of Cubes
- Leverage HBase Coprocessor for query latency
- Approximate Query Capability for distinct Count (HyperLogLog)
- Easy Web interface to manage, build, monitor and query cubes
- Security capability to set ACL at Cube/Project Level
- Support LDAP Integration
Keywords: Kylin, Big Data, Hadoop, Jobs, OLAP, SQL, Query