Lets start from Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub:
Here is the offering from Hortonworks:
And this is how MapR is packaging Enterprise Hadoop
And finally Pivotal Enterprise Hadoop offering:
Keywords: Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Pivotal, MapR, Big Data
What is Kilyn?
- Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine with SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) to support extremely large datasets on Hadoop by eBay.
- Extremely Fast OLAP Engine at Scale:
- Kylin is designed to reduce query latency on Hadoop for 10+ billions of rows of data
- ANSI-SQL Interface on Hadoop:
- Kylin offers ANSI-SQL on Hadoop and supports most ANSI-SQL query functions
- Interactive Query Capability:
- Users can interact with Hadoop data via Kylin at sub-second latency, better than Hive queries for the same dataset
- MOLAP Cube:
- User can define a data model and pre-build in Kylin with more than 10+ billions of raw data records
- Seamless Integration with BI Tools:
- Kylin currently offers integration capability with BI Tools like Tableau.
- Other Highlights:
- Job Management and Monitoring
- Compression and Encoding Support
- Incremental Refresh of Cubes
- Leverage HBase Coprocessor for query latency
- Approximate Query Capability for distinct Count (HyperLogLog)
- Easy Web interface to manage, build, monitor and query cubes
- Security capability to set ACL at Cube/Project Level
- Support LDAP Integration
Keywords: Kylin, Big Data, Hadoop, Jobs, OLAP, SQL, Query
At Starta + Hadoop world, Hadoop creator Dough Cutting explained Hadoop and talked more about its present and future. Doug talked about:
- What is Hadoop?
- How the name “Hadoop” came from?
- What a Hadoop application look like?
- Ethical use of Data
- Quick plans and future strategy
Here is the full interview:
Previous Definition: Velocity, Variety and Volume
New Definition: Velocity, Variety and Volume + Variability and Complexity
Spending on Big Data Returns Big Profit
What’s The Big Deal About Big Data?
Understanding The Various Sources of Big Data
Is your infrastructure ready for Big Data?
Data Science & The Role of the Data Scientist