Lets start from Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub:
Here is the offering from Hortonworks:
And this is how MapR is packaging Enterprise Hadoop
And finally Pivotal Enterprise Hadoop offering:
Keywords: Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Pivotal, MapR, Big Data
What is Kilyn?
- Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine with SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) to support extremely large datasets on Hadoop by eBay.
- Extremely Fast OLAP Engine at Scale:
- Kylin is designed to reduce query latency on Hadoop for 10+ billions of rows of data
- ANSI-SQL Interface on Hadoop:
- Kylin offers ANSI-SQL on Hadoop and supports most ANSI-SQL query functions
- Interactive Query Capability:
- Users can interact with Hadoop data via Kylin at sub-second latency, better than Hive queries for the same dataset
- MOLAP Cube:
- User can define a data model and pre-build in Kylin with more than 10+ billions of raw data records
- Seamless Integration with BI Tools:
- Kylin currently offers integration capability with BI Tools like Tableau.
- Other Highlights:
- Job Management and Monitoring
- Compression and Encoding Support
- Incremental Refresh of Cubes
- Leverage HBase Coprocessor for query latency
- Approximate Query Capability for distinct Count (HyperLogLog)
- Easy Web interface to manage, build, monitor and query cubes
- Security capability to set ACL at Cube/Project Level
- Support LDAP Integration
Keywords: Kylin, Big Data, Hadoop, Jobs, OLAP, SQL, Query
At Starta + Hadoop world, Hadoop creator Dough Cutting explained Hadoop and talked more about its present and future. Doug talked about:
- What is Hadoop?
- How the name “Hadoop” came from?
- What a Hadoop application look like?
- Ethical use of Data
- Quick plans and future strategy
Here is the full interview:
Previous Definition: Velocity, Variety and Volume
New Definition: Velocity, Variety and Volume + Variability and Complexity
Spending on Big Data Returns Big Profit
What’s The Big Deal About Big Data?
Understanding The Various Sources of Big Data